Saturday, June 9, 2007

Cheezy.

Having read blogs and the like from former bandmates, it looks like Jubal Modine has played the last two weeks in Lexington and they're playing there again tonight.
Right there is one reason I left the band. These trips to Lexington are rather lengthy, and when I played 'em it was 3:30 in the morning before I got home (then another 30 minutes to shower and get to bed, I wasn't sleepin' till 4:00am). Three weeks in a row of that would kill me.
Don't know what they're doing next week (if they're doing anything at all) but I did learn that they are playing a bar in Jennings called "The Back 40" on Friday & Saturday of the following week. I can't say I've ever been to Jennings, so I checked the map...lo and behold, it's even FURTHER than Lexington.
Guess I got out just in time.
At any rate, I wish the boys lots of luck. Likely it's a good thing that they are taking their music hither and yon. I hope they're getting paid well, though, 'cuz gas ain't cheap.
I also noticed that on their MySpace page they had replaced the "Band Photos" slideshow with pictures of women who showed up at their gigs, dancing, posing, trying to look sexy. The legend above the thing says "Jubal would like to thank all the lovely ladies that come out and make our shows so much more "EYE-APPEALING". Keep checking back and you will see many more of the beautiful women that make Mr. Modine wish he had shown up."
Well, first of all, I wouldn't want folks "checking back" just to see the "EYE-APPEALING" ladies. It's a BAND website, right? Why would you want to show photos of a few women in your home page slideshow and not pics of the band? Sure, there are band shots in the "Pics" section, but seriously, how many repeat visitors are going to look at those? They've probably already seen them during earlier visits. It would seem to me that the best bet is getting some recognition started by using the slideshow to showcase the band instead of as a focus to pander a few of the girls who come to the shows. And what about the GUYS? Doesn't anyone give a shit about them? :)
Sorry...my opinion is less than worthless in this matter. I only voice it because I feel that free expression is not only a liberating thing, it is also therapeutic.
My opinion: cheezy.

Nothing personal.

No comments:

Post a Comment