Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Playlist 4.25-26.05

Last night I worked 8 training hours with the individual I will be providing service for and so he was the one who chose the music we listened to.
First he played a compilation CD of really old rap hits, like "You Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer, "Wild Thing" by Tone Loc, "Bust-a-Move" by Young MC, "Ice Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice, "Baby Got Back" by Sir Mix-a-Lot...you get the picture.
Crazy thing is, I actually found myself sorta enjoying it.
Can't say the same for the Grease soundtrack he played next. Ugh. What a wretched collection of dreck that is.
He also played a select few songs on the soundtrack from The Matrix, and it was the first really hard rock I've listened to in quite awhile.
Inspired me to pull out Tool's Undertow this morning as I cleaned house. Overall, I have always liked Undertow quite a bit, but there are a couple of songs that take me back to some negative emotions I used to associate and nurture with them ("Swamp", mainly). Don't like to go there, if you know what I mean, but can't deny that the album seriously rocks.

But an old geezer like me can only take so much of the hard stuff...
So I followed it up with Ultra-Vivid Scene's Joy 1967-1990 and am currently listening to UVS's self-titled debut.

No comments:

Post a Comment