Friday, April 15, 2005

Happy (early) Birthday To Me!

Nothing fancy, mind you, but it's exactly what I've wanted and needed for the bedroom. This is the RCA Model 2041 compact audio system (photo removed). 100 watts of power (plenty for it's intended purpose), 5-disc CD changer, tuner and a line-in for another component...well, that's all I need, in the stereo itself, at least...I'm still gonna have to spring for another XM Home Stereo adaptor to run into the auxilary, but I can find one of those for around $25. It shouldn't take me too long to get it all set up.
Anyhoo, it fits nicely on my bedside table with the speakers perched on either end of the bedposts. Sounds mighty good.
The only down side of the whole deal is that in accepting this as an early birthday gift, I may have to wait a while to get that new Autechre CD.

FOLLOW-UP: This stereo turned out to be a complete piece of shit. I replaced it with another RCA product which also turned out to be a piece of shit. I no longer purchase RCA products and am quite happy with the Sony I use now.---March 2008

1 comment: