Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Bastard Son

The man kept saying "My nerves are shot"
He kept repeating, "My nerves are shot, my nerves are shot"
His nerves were shot, they were frazzled
His nerves were fucking electrical hazzards
And I was the bastard who shot them to shit

He broke his fist, put a hole in the wall
The man was pissed, he knocked a hole in the wall
Fell to his knees, he was broken
Said a lot of things, left a lot more things unspoken
And I was the bastard who put him back together

For days and days
Seemed that it would never end
How could he make up for the days
He stopped trying to pretend
That he loved me

The man is saying "I don't remember"
He keeps repeating, "I don't remember, I don't remember"
He has forgotten all of the little details
A mental block on the memories that would kill him
And I'm the bastard who wants him to remember

No comments:

Post a Comment