Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Hot, baby! Dream On, Suckas!

And I'll tell you something else. Flamin' Hot Cheetos are not for the faint of heart. Those suckers truly live up to their name. There was a time when I could not eat them, they were just too hot. Not SPICY hot, just HOT. It's almost unnatural how hot they are.

And the worst of it? You know how Cheetos tend to stick to your gums after they've been chewed? Same goes for the Flamin' Hot stripe, of course. But the difference between regular Cheetos and the Flamin' Hots, in this regard, is that the former leaves a mildly pleasant cheese flavor in your mouth for several minutes after you've eaten them. The Flamin' Hots, on the other hand, just burn, baby, burn. The sensation of fire in your gums and on your tongue is almost unbearable...at least it is to me. Though I'm no pussy when it comes to hot foods, I know there are folks out there who delight in peppers and other foodstuffs which are even hotter than Flamin' Hot Cheetos. Not me, buddy. These suckers are about as hot as I can stand.

Another point that must be made. The Flamin' Hot spice recipe does not pack the same punch when it is used on other types of snacks. For instance, Lay's sells it's regular potato chips in the Flamin' Hot variety. They are actually very good, but they are lightweight when compared to the Cheetos . I think the difference lies in the aforemention "sticks to your gums" aspect, which allows the monosodium glutamate powder and the secret blaze inducers to fester and burn to the melting point.

No comments:

Post a Comment