Saturday, August 20, 2005

Favorite Coop Tunes

Inspired by a post from the RS.com Castaways community in which a member mentioned a Coop compilation he'd just made, I decided to compile the definitive list of my favorite Alice Cooper songs. Alice was one of the first bands I really got into, at the ripe age of 10, and I have a thorough appreciation of the "Billion Dollar Babies" years. I enjoyed the Welcome To My Nightmare album, hence it's inclusion in this list, but I lost interest after that. If there was one post-Welcome Cooper cut that could have made this list, it would have been "I Never Cry" from Alice Cooper Goes to Hell.


from Love It To Death
"I'm Eighteen"
"Black Juju"
"Hallowed Be My Name"
"Second Coming"
"The Ballad of Dwight Frye"


from Killer
"Halo of Flies"
"Desperado"
"You Drive Me Nervous"
"Dead Babies"
"Killer"


from School's Out
"School's Out"
"Luney Tune"
"Gutter Cat vs. the Jets"
"My Stars"


from Billion Dollar Babies
"Hello Hooray"
"Elected"
"Unfinished Sweet"
"Generation Landslide"
"Sick Things"


from Muscle of Love
"Big Apple Dreamin' (Hippo)"
"Hard Hearted Alice"
"Muscle of Love"
"Teenage Lament '74"


from Welcome to My Nightmare"
"Devil's Food"
"Black Widow"
"Only Women Bleed"
"Years Ago"/"Steven"/"Awakening"


All of these albums are worth owning, and if you don't already have 'em I suggest you whip out yer Visa/Mastercard, head on over to
Amazon and fill that shopping cart up with these classics.
And no, I am not on
Amazon's payroll...

No comments:

Post a Comment