Tuesday, September 14, 2004



Well, it's been three days since the gig last Saturday and even though I'm still on cloud 9 because of our performance, the truth is that I'm just as excited about the next time I see the Fellowship Students as I am about the Mad Laugh playing again (and let me tell you, that is some serious anticipation). Rojo Fantastico, our keyboard player and a close friend of the Students, tells me that he thinks their best songs are not even on their CD-EP, and that bodes well for their debut long player, because The Youth Want Distortion is TOP NOTCH.

I've done a little research on the band...not as much as I'd like, though (I have to say that their "web presence" is sorely lacking for a band with such potential)...and I found out that OKC's hip night-life weekly The Oklahoma Gazette named them the Best New Artist in the state last go round. That does not surprise me at ALL. The performance I saw was simply galvanizing. One of the best shows I've seen since driving all the way to Colorado for a Sigur Ros show (that's in terms of musical quality, not meant to imply that the Fellowship Students sound anything like Sigur Ros).

They're playing tomorrow night at the OCU campus, and if it weren't for the fact that I have to get up very early for work the following morning I would be making plans right now to attend.

Aaaaagh! I've GOT to find a new day job, something with regular 8 hour days...the job I work now is a straight 40 hours from Friday @ 8am till Saturday @ 12midnight. This schedule is NOT GONNA WORK if I intend to stay active in the band and the local OKC music scene (and I fully intend to do just that).

So I should be out job-hunting right now instead of writing in this blog...

Oh well...the battery is almost dead in the second car, the only transportation I have at the present moment, so I guess it can wait at least until that situation gets fixed.

Next Mad Laugh gig is Friday, Sept 24th, I believe, and I am still trying to figure out how to swing my work schedule so that I can make it for that one...Two other Saturday night shows that I DO NOT WANT TO MISS the first two weekends of October, The first is a long-anticipated and highly touted gig at Hooters on the 2nd, and then on the 10th a show with the Fellowship Students at the infamous Hi-Lo club which promises to be a blow-out the likes of which have rarely been experienced in these parts...

That does it...

JobQuest 2004 begins VERY soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment