Wednesday, September 29, 2004

To anyone from the Mad Laugh camp who read my last post...

Please allow me to say that I have nothing but the utmost respect for the musical ability of each and every member of the Mad Laugh. I have NO personal problems with any of them, as far as I know, at the present moment. If my last post came off like I had issues with anyone in the band, I'm sorry, I don't. It was written while I was still cooling down from being a little miffed because Jason had adamantly insisted that I play a song EXACTLY like Baldi used to. I'm sorry if my feelings about this don't make sense or if anyone thinks I'm making too big a deal about it. I surely didn't intend to make a big deal out of it at all, but I needed to vent and so I chose my blog as the place to do it. Most of the time I'm sure I'm writing into a vacuum when I post these entries, but my site meter traffic report showed that someone had accessed this blog from the Mad Laugh's guest book (where I'd just left a goofy bon mot about Tits McGillicutty), and so I was concerned that this person might have got a wrong impression of how I feel about the band, and I wanted to correct that.

Like I said, I have nothing but respect for the talent rounded up in the band, and even more importantly, I'd like to consider myself a friend of everyone involved. What I wrote yesterday was much more about MY reaction to the circumstance and not really about what any of them might have done "wrong". The entry was made out of a deep frustration, not so much with anyone in the group, but with my own inability to play this particular song the way they wanted me to the first go-round. I mean, it's like this...I was playing something that I thought sounded really good, something that I thought enhanced the song, and then I'm basically told, "NO, that's not what we want, we want it to sound exactly like it did when Baldi played it". So yeah, I was a little discouraged by that. It made me wonder about how they felt concerning all the other songs that I've applied my own style to.

I dunno. I'm probably blowing this whole thing out of proportion. I guess I'll know more after this afternoon's rehearsal.

At any rate, I apologize if anyone was offended or angered by my comments. Twas certainly not my intent. I hope it's something we can easily move past, and that we can continue to encourage each other to make the most of the situation we find ourselves in.

Meanwhile, the MAD LAUGH RULES, and we're gonna rock the house at Hooters this Saturday night. Hopefully I can get my digital camera working so I can post some photos of the show...

No comments:

Post a Comment