Saturday, September 4, 2004

No, I have not given up (again) on this weblog...though I must confess the thought has indeed crossed my mind. It's just that I've experienced some technical problems with a couple of computer monitors that didn't get along with my chinsy Compaq.

And in the meantime I have joined another rock band. I'm gettin' too old not to realize that this may well be the last one I ever get to play in, so I'm planning on giving 110% in an effort to take these guys, all of whom I am very fond of, to the "next level".

So that has monopolized a lot of the time I might normally be wasting away in front of the computer.

Hard getting used to "having a life" again...

*******************************************

Currently listening to the Dave Holland Quartet's Dream of the Elders before hitting the sack. Very enjoyable jazz noodlings from one of the bassist's in Miles Davis' Bitches Brew ensemble. I also highly reccomend his session with Pat Metheny and drummer extraordinaire Roy Haynes, entitled Question And Answer.

*******************************************

And finally before I go...don't tell all the uber-liberal democrats that I've been hob-knobbing with while entrenching myself into the band, but the last couple of days of the Republican National Convention had me feeling REALLY proud that I switched over to Republican from Democrat a couple of months ago.

God, the thought of being "one of those democrats" had become about as appealing as the thought of spending a week in dirty Depends.

George W ALL THE WAY, baby!



Yeah, SERIOUSLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment