Sunday, February 23, 2014

VIPER - Bad B*tches Stayin' On Me

I've been listening to Viper all morning and I've decided that out of his 100+ releases my favorite song is "Do U No How Sick I'll Have U in a Hoop Game?" from Break Bad...and I'll Have You Sick in a Full Court Hoop Game" from Bad B*tches All On Me...and "2 Have Ur Click Sick in a Whole-Court Game" from I'm the Greater 1...and "Dis Young Killa Will Have U Sick in a Hoop Game" from Str8 Stuntin' Stupid...and "Holdin' Top-Choice Cash" from Rapcore...and "U'll Be so Sick in a Hoop Game" from "Dead Man Walkin'...and "I'll Have U and Ur Man Sick in a Hoop Game" from Got a Wicked Pistol Game...and "An All Day Stacka" from Just Put up or Shet Up...and "To Have You Totally Sick in a Hoop" from Neva Eva a Foul-Calla...and "I'll Have U Cryin' 2 Ur Mama in a Hoop" from Murder Me...and "U Will Be Dead in a Hoop Game" from I Am Superior...and "Have U Passed Ot (sp) in a Hoop Game" from I'm So Much Smarter Than U...and "U'll Be Throwin' Up in a Whole-Court Hoop Game" from I'm Greater Than U...and "U Will Throw Up Sweat in a Hoop Game" from F#ck U Bastards...and "Viper Will Have You Sick in a Hoop Game" from U Ugly Big Nose Dude...and "I Know Why U Men Lookin' Towards My Death" from Everyday Vacation...and "U Takin' Ur Life as a Joke?" from Will U Ever Know My Name?...and "Yo Record Label Is Hopeless" from U Are Beneath Me... Wait, didn't I say "favorite SONG", singular? Here lies the genius of Viper. He has literally over 100 releases on Spotify but there is a lot of repetition with the songs. Which would not be so odd, except that he gives them different names almost every time he does it. I don't know if it's a result of genius or incompetence but a good deal of his material, ostensibly in the rap genre, sounds very little like rap and more closely resembles interesting studio experimentation. The album titles are a hoot and the song titles are even more hilarious. Hell, even the cover art is charming, tough as Vipe wants to make himself out to be. All in all an artist worth keeping an eye on. His musical universe is ominous, like a never ending sickening hoop game, but don't let that intimidate you. I have a feeling Viper's bark is bigger than his bite. Still, I don't want to find that out myself.

File Under: Viper

No comments:

Post a Comment