Friday, February 21, 2014

GOLDEN BOY (FOSPASSIN) - "Let Us Crunk"

I wish I had heard of Golden Boy (Fospassin) a long time ago so I could have properly digested his prolific catalogue of no less than 16 long players and even more singles. I hate it that I don't know what particular genre Golden Boy works in. Reggaeton, maybe? It's a hybrid of hip hop, reggae and cheaply produced beats. He boasts a thick Jamaican accent that renders much of what he says indecipherable (at least to my ears, accustomed as they are to heartland English). Moreover he has that knowing, boisterous Rastafarian laugh that likely means "Ha Haaah! No worries, mate. I've got ganja! You're in on it, right? Ha haah!" He whips out that laugh so often you can't help but like the guy. One of his many albums is called "32 NFL Team Songs". It's one of my favorites and makes a strong case that Golden Boy could well be the Wesley Willis of this genre I am unable to classify. In fact, I'm left totally speechless by the entire project. Hear for yourself why I'm baffled with these three representative samples: "San Francisco 49'ers", "Buffalo Bills" & "Chicago Bears". Golden Boy (Fospassin) is worth your attention if only for football team record (he also has albums lauding soccer and NBA basketball teams), but there is so much more he has to offer that I just don't have the time to write about it all.

File under: Golden Boy (Fospassin)

No comments:

Post a Comment