Tuesday, November 25, 2014

John Denver - Golden: JAC's Best of John Denver


Long ago I overcame any problems I might have had with John Denver being somehow "uncool". My girlfriend at the time liked him so if he was good enough for her he was good enough for me. And I'm so glad I initially approached his music in that way. Truth be told anyone who thinks he's not (or wasn't) "hip" or whatever is really missing a lot. John Denver is one of the most under-rated singer songwriters of all time. He had luck with a couple of country hits and so many people pegged him as a country singer. As such perhaps he doesn't rank as a great country star. But most people who have taken him seriously hear him as more of a folk singer with bits of country and pop (adult contemporary) mixed in. I've put together this playlist that I believe proves what a substantial artist he was. I recommend that you listen to it in shuffle mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment