Thursday, September 3, 2009

"The Wait"

I have waited patiently, of patience I am made
And many years have washed away the bitterness and hate
But I don't understand it yet
I can't forgive and just forget
Now nothing you could say or do could make up for the wait

The world has kept on turning since you burned mine to the ground
And I have stopped pretending what I've lost will ever be found
But I can't comprehend the fact
That you are never coming back
It's something I've accepted but the wait still drags me down

You took away my sunny day
Left me here with the little things that kill
A paper bag of broken promises
Some photographs
And a bottle of your pills

So I will wait patiently, of patience I am made
And if I never hear your voice again I'll call it a fair trade
For the dreams I stole away from you
Squandered in a day or two
And wasted on a memory that's left me here to wait

No comments:

Post a Comment