Thursday, September 3, 2009

"Walking Away"

She says she thinks she needs time
To be alone but you don't know why
She says it's time she took some things for granted
She's got expectations
Curious with an open mind
She's examined her life but she still don't understand it

She don't give me
Any reason to believe I'm not the one
But she don't seem to think that
She needs anything or anyone

Neither one of us is walking away

All she wants are the moon and stars, she says,
"That's not much so I don't know why
You look at me like I've lost my fucking mind"
I've got reservations
Thirty nine and I don't mind dyin'
But how could I give her the moon and the stars in the mourning sky?

"Lift up your hands," she says,
"You can almost touch them
You could bring one down for me
It's easy."
She sees me and I'm walking away
In her mind's eye I'm walking away
Walking away
In my mind's eye she's walking away

But neither one of us is walking away

No comments:

Post a Comment