Thursday, September 3, 2009

"Erase"

I got no reason to lie to you, girl
I've got no time for the changes in your life
We both saw this coming a long time ago
We both know, it's surely no surprise
But it's alright if you stay one more night
I don't mind
Got some room by my side
But if you're of a mind to leave it all behind tonight
It's all the same to me
It's just a game to me

Girl, I have tried to convince myself
That there is a rhyme and a reason
For all of this time you've been reading my mind
And I know you don't cry so I 'll take my sweet time
Remembering the future
Girl, I will try to erase you from my life

Been one too many times, little girl,
You have looked me straight in the eye
And the pretty words that rolled off of your sweet lips
Were all tainted with the colors of lies
But I believed each last one of them
'Cause some of them gave me reasons to live
But I'm slowly coming 'round to realizing that what I really need
May be something you could never give

Girl, I have tried to convince myself
That there was a time and a season
For our love to live, and our love to die
And I know you won't cry so I'll take my precious time
Remembering the future
And girl, I will try to erase you from my life

No comments:

Post a Comment