Monday, August 25, 2008

Doing a little song reviewing at Garageband this morning. I think I only need 8 or 9 and I can enter another song. I'm wanting to get some feedback on "4 Grey Walls" so I'll probably upload that one. Then again, I'd like to do the same with "His Heart Was Black". I'm pretty sure it'll be "4 Grey Walls", though. I would like to know if anyone hears the Autechre influence. I think it's very prominent.

But I didn't come here to talk about my own stuff...I just wanted to share this review I wrote for a song called "Falling Through an Imaginary Sky" by Kovitz. A review I entitled:

"a strange dream"

INCOMING!!!

Oh,. sorry. I thought I was on the set of M*A*S*H and the copters were bringing down a load of casualties. Then, all of a sudden, there was a subtle shift in the air, a shuffling of frequencies and I found myself testing for a role on "Babylon 5". I'm not hired, so I walk into an opium den and ordered a couple of bowls. There's this Genesis tribute band doing a soundcheck. Just a few of their own songs they couldn't do during a show. But apparently a lot of the Genesis style rubbed off on them.

Then I woke up and this song had been playing, through my headphones, in repeat mode, from the time I passed out (app. 1:00 am) until I was rudely awakened, 6 hours later.

No comments:

Post a Comment