Monday, August 13, 2007

Observations on my regal journey.

I just updated the playlist on the music player to your right (and, consequently on the more functionable one at my MySpace page). I came to the conclusion that there wasn't enough variety and some of the songs were just not really appropriate for the venue (for instance, I love Aphex Twin, but his music is best enjoyed through a nice set of headphones or big, bassy speakers...).

Still a lot of Sigur Ros to be enjoyed...Unfortunately it looked as if "Glosoli" may be gone, but I'm hoping it's only temporary. Mark Kozelek is also still well represented, too. Of the new additions, I am most pleased with the Bongwater stuff. I only wish I could have been able to get more of that.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The heat wave of the last week shows no signs of letting up in the foreseeable future, which means that my family and I are suffering intensely, sweating buckets and spending the majority of our time in the main bedroom where we've got a little window unit installed. If you've been in there for a little while and you walk out the door into the hall it feels like you're walking into a hot oven. It's insane.

The problem is that out heating/air conditioning unit has been broken down for some while (we got through the winter using small gas heaters in the bathrooms). I should have the funds to have it repaired within the next month, but we may have all melted by then.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


I had to get up early this morning to use the bathroom (information I'm sure you all needed to know) when I glanced at the clock and noticed that it was 5:30 AM.

I'd really wanted to see the Great Perseids meteor shower that's been going down over the last few days. But I ain't no night owl, and those suckers were falling between 1:00 and 6:00 AM. My dreams, I reckoned, would suffice.

But like I said, my urinary urge forced me from my slumbers, and I decided, since it wasn't quit 6 o'clock, that I would go outside, look to the sky and hopefully glimpse a few, since last night was the peak of the whole thing.

I saw 4 of 'em. I think I may have seen 3 more, but I couldn't be sure, they were so small. All of them I was lucky enough to see were small, not as big as any of the falling stars I've seen in my days.

It was still neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment