Monday, September 12, 2005

Pitch Black II: Sour Poison



While looking for some images of Mountain Dew's new spin-off, the delectably sour PITCH BLACK II, I found X-Entertainment's hilarious take on the "original" Pitch Black...
I was going to write about the superiority of the new incarnation over and above the less-tangy original, but I couldn't concentrate on the task at hand what with all the laughter brought on by these excerpts:

Yes, I've finally found it! When I first heard murmurs online of the impending arrival of holiday-themed Mountain Dew flavors, I told everyone I knew to stay away for a few weeks so I could lock myself in a calm, dark room so my heart wouldn't explode from excitement. This comes from a person who'd sooner drink the juices from your very ass than an eight-ounce can of Mountain Dew. I don't care if it's poison -- if it's limited edition and tied to Halloween, I'll drink it twice. If I can drink poison twice, it's not doing it's job.

LOL!

I gotta admit, it's not bad stuff. I expected to totally hate it, but it's way better than the regular Dew. Tastes like a more subtle cherry cola than a crazy graper to me; then again, I've sworn that red paper tastes like cherries in the past. It DOES.

Ha!

Mountain Dew's a friend of mine, he resembles Frankenstein.

So how can I expect to post about Pitch Black II and top that?
It cannot be done, I tell you.
For the record, I actually like regular Mountain Dew (and when I can stand the sweetness I sorta like Code Red...the cherry version). I didn't like the original Pitch Black, either. But being a connisseur of all things sour (comes with my disposition, I suppose), I have to be honest and confess that I quite enjoy the new, improved Pitch Black II.
But hey, I like all those Sour Slushes they've got at Sonic right now, too, and the grape variety happens to be my current favorite (tends to balance the sour with the sweet better than the others...man, you want to taste PURE SOUR, just try the sour cherry. Ouch!)...

No comments:

Post a Comment