Friday, June 8, 2012

"Melancholia" side B

"THE LIGHT IS FADING"


I take this seriously...these things you understand
You think I'm special but I am just a man
Not much of one at that...so many times I've failed
(unintelligible)

The light is fading slowly
In the distance, in an instant, in the sun
I'm a liar, I'm the fool, I'm the one

The taste of blood is not sweet...did you know it's on your breath
The sick, sweet smell of poison, the aftertaste of death
I take this seriously...is there something wrong?
Please let me know...I heard it in a song
(...in a song)

The light is fading
In the distance, in an instant, in the sun
I'm a liar, I'm the fool, I'm the one


"HOUSE"


(This is the House...here we go...)

House...House...House...House...
Home...Home...Home...Home...
House....House....House....House...House... House
Home...Home...Home...Here we go! Here we go! Here we go!

House...House...House...
My house is not a home
It's not a home
Home...Home...House...Hahaha...House
This house is not a home
Home
House is not a home
It's just a house
It's not even a nice house
It's not even a big house
It's sure ain't the White House

It's not a house, it's my home
It's my home...Home?
House!
House house house!
Hey, can you hear me out there?
I'm talking about my home
I'm talking about wonderin' how to play the guitar with some confidence
Confidence in my house
House...I'm talking about the house
And the house on the hill
And the house in hell
The home of the devil and all his sweet demons
And all his...mutha...
In the house....House....House....House....

How am I going to end this song?
I'll sing about my home...home...
In my
HOUSE!!!!!!!!


"AS IT SEEMED"


Love is real in storybooks and pictures in my mind
In the world it's not the same, and so, so hard to find
If we dream of love and peace we only fool ourselves
And we reach our dying day in our own private hell

Seems so real we want to believe
In the end we've been deceived
Love is only real in our dreams
And nothings as it seemed

I love you and you love me, like some romantic song
That I used to sing for you...I believed it for too long
And now the truth creeps in on me and now I realize
The stories told in Sunday school were lies

Seems so real we want to believe
But in the end we've only been deceived
Love is only real in our dreams
Nothing's as it seemed
Nothings as it seemed

I wanna ask her to marry me
I wanna see if she's real
No answer to justify...


"ALL TOMORROW' S PARTIES"


words and music by Lou Reed


"LOVE WILL TEAR US APART"


lyrics by Ian Curtis
music by Curtis, Sumner, Hook, Morris


"DISCOVERY"


Understand
We search for a reason
In the rain that falls on your head
Longing to fly
In every direction
Held down
(unintelligible)

This was your goal
Yes, this was your freedom
This is your life
Uncomfortably numb
No vision, no prayers
No reason to go on
You wait for an answer that just doesn't come

Freedom discovery...screaming discovery
Design discovery...challenge discovery
Discovery

Still you won't cry
You cling to your manhood
Or some set of rules
That makes you feel right
It comes from within
You don't understand it
You let it slip by you every night

Your happiness comes
In seven explosions
In the seventh a mirror
You can return to
You see after all
You're not even in it
Then walk through the glass
As day passes through

Freedom...Freedom


''CLOSE MY EYES"


Ah, just for tonight...just for tonight
I can dream of you...something you don't understand


"FIGHTING/FROM THE EARTH"


Laughter stains the innocent
A funeral threat she never meant
Sirens outside prophesied
Never calmed the savage pride

Ha! Ha! Ha!...and on and on
Until the last demon's gone
When that ghost had gone away
With no one there I heard her say

I still haven't forgotten what I'm fighting for
Still haven't forgotten what I'm fighting for

Laughter once your greatest friend
Points and mocks you in the end
Terrible and terrified
On a corner where she cried

Bonds of leather around her wrists
What could be as fun as this?
And the leather's colored rust
And her face is black with dust
Except the lines below her eyes
A trail of all the tears she's cried
But she'll be well another day
But you didn't hear her say

I still haven't forgotten what I'm fighting for

Confusion and nothing more

I believe...In your eyes I see love, love my love
You've no heart...too far too far
See, I'm so far, I've been up there
See, I'm so far, I've been up there
Climb down...see I'm so far, I've been up there
Come down my love...I'm so far, I've been up there
Take my name, my love...I've been up there
You run...I'm so far, I've been up there
Run, too far, I'm so far, I've been up there
I've been up there...I've been up there
I've been in there...I've been in there

Does it make you wonder...what a faraway place
Does it make you wander to a faraway place
Transit unsuccessful...transit transit unsuccessful
We fall from the earth...far from the earth
Too far from the earth
Much too far...much too far


"LOVELESS LOVE SONG"


Light on
Holiest light on
See them vanish
You ain't safe anymore
You ain't safe anymore

Lovely light on
Loveless love song
Leave me out alone
You don't have to lock the door
Perfect for a circle in square
Circle in square

Lovely light on
Loveless long song
Looking out the door
He ain't safe for...
Loveless love song


"WILD THING"


originally performed by The Troggs

"CIRCLES (REPRISE)"


see Side A



(About 99% of the lyrics to "Melancholia" were easily deciphered. In a couple of instances where I could not understand a line I have noted it. On a couple of occasions I have added a word or two that I felt was probably in the spirit of the song. Like I said, some of these lyrics are decent, some are total crap. But they all pretty much sum up my state of mind at the time. Which, I suppose, must have been pretty bleak, seeing as how some of these songs almost come off as suicide notes. Oh, well. I feel a LOT better these days and my nihilistic streak had run it's course long ago).

No comments:

Post a Comment