Sunday, March 11, 2012

food food food good lord how i love food



I usually don't attend "family functions", but today was my wife's grandmother's 90th birthday so I decided to make a surprise appearance. The venue for the celebration was Sirloin Stockade, home of one of the finest buffets I have eaten at...better than Golden Corral, that's for sure. I overdid it, as I knew I would. Decided to post what I ate so that someday I can look back and say, "Good God, how could you eat that much food???"

1st Trip:
Salad: iceberg lettuce, blue cheese dressing, shredded Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, red onions, jalapeno peppers, bacon bits (real, not the fake Bake-Os kind), green pepper, cottage cheese

2nd Trip:
Pulled barbecue beef, baked beans, steamed carrots, french fries, dinner roll

3rd Trip:
Taco salad: tortilla chips, seasoned ground beef (a LOT of it), beans, lettuce, taco sauce, melted cheese, just a few chopped red onions, sour cream

Ah, it doesn't really seem like all that much now that I read it back. But I was still eating a long time after everyone else had finished. I'm a slow eater, but the sheer amount of food took a long time to devour.

To top it off, whenever I eat at buffets like this I always make myself an ice cream cone to eat on the way out. I'm really good at making them. The ice cream sticks up, like, 6 or 7 inches out of the cone. So high that I fear it will fall over, but it usually doesn't.

It's been about 8 hours now since I enjoyed this fine repast. I can't say I'm very hungry at the moment, but I may eat a few chips with salsa later. The local store is having a sale and Red Gold salsa is marked down something like $1.30, selling for only 99 cents. I bought my first jar of Red Gold a couple of months ago and it's very good. The hot variety is definitely not false advertising. Hot hot hot! I like hot stuff, but I can't handle it. So we get medium. You have to eat quite a bit of medium before your tongue will start to burn, but burn it will. The wife picked up 3 jars when she first saw it on sale and I went back a couple of days later for 5 more.

I better lay down and rest for awhile...

No comments:

Post a Comment