Tuesday, December 27, 2011

King Tongue: "Jack Casual's Back"

I'll try to dole out these videos of my old bands sparingly. This one was filmed at some wedding reception at a restaurant called Charlie's Fire Lake steak house. I'm guessing it was sometime in the middle of 2000, seeing as how King Tongue only lasted a year or so. The song is one of my favorites. We wrote it in the early 90s when we were playing together as HEAD. It's called "Jack Casual's Back" and the name came from a friend who used to follow us around. He called me Jack Casual, for some reason. He may have even said "Jack Casual's back!" at some point but I thought it would be neat to use a double meaning of sorts, with "Jack Casual's back must be strong" then "Jack Casual's back must be tired" and finally "Jack Casual's back in town...". There's a line in there that goes "How green his garden grows, he's making necklaces and bracelets from the hairs in his nose"...that was inspired by a guy I'd played in a band with who had extremely long nose hairs that stuck out of his nostrils.


"Jack Casual's Back" © 2011 by James Arthur Casey. All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment