Monday, September 6, 2010

Conversion Experience #12 (in which Balaam's Donkey places it all in perspective)


I gave the voice a name
It came alive
I had to try and convince myself
It wasn't Me
I wanted the solidification
I needed it to keep me from going insane
Following myself, I needed a rock
I know better now
It came to life and expected me to believe

I slayed that confused god
Took a Rock and put it through his head
Worthless deity
Without flesh or blood
I made it all possible

I know it wasn't yours as your veins
Motivate acid
Blue and disfiguring
Burns through metal

He still hides in a corner
Looking on, thinking
"Behold, a fool. A prodigal idiot, expecting
A celebration
Hide the fatted calf
Call his brother out of hiding
We're gonna wreck this party"

But the animal at my side snickered and said,
"Worry not, human
Your true heart beats again
Your breast is ready
To receive instruction and wisdom"
The animal to my side confused me
All the same he comforted me
"Human being
 Accept
This voice as if it were the muttering of God
For it is"

How deep my being
How deep
How stubborn and obstinate
Refusing to hear
Another voice
Another voice to join the others
To chide, scorn and mock
Blowing through arid places
Melting into the all in one
A spirit I created and named
Legion

No comments:

Post a Comment