Sunday, July 4, 2010

Between the Poles

Morality crushes me
From pole to pole I stride
Never taking the time
To stop for even a moment
Haunted by the ghosts accusing
From behind
I see glowing men before me, beckoning
I've been held in their arms
They have whispered living words in my ears
Soothed my tired mind with balm of forgetfulness
I know them, I have known them
But I'm not sure why they have to call for me
To join them
How did I wind up back here?
Pulled by the logic of evil
I struggle to keep from splattering
On that flat surface
I plug my ears to muffle their shouts
Taunts
Telling me
Nothing
Should be feared
That I should fear nothing
To be afraid of nothing
That nothing should be feared
But for now I have no problem with nothing
It's everything that frightens me
And keeps me running
This middle ground doesn't satisfy
And that is how I'm cursed

No comments:

Post a Comment