Monday, March 8, 2010

"i like this house we're..."

I like this house we're living in
I know
You aren't satisfied with it
Too small, so ugly
Stuck in a bad neighborhood
Full of unfriendly people
Well at least it's paid for
At least you know that
Even if your gratitude is lacking
We can stay inside
Lots of things to do, just we two
Or maybe just sit together
Looking out the window
Relax and watch my world go by
It's not my fault if the floors are dirty
I'm not the slob in this place
You wanted a place
You've got a place
Keep it in order, don't blame me
If it reeks of shit and mold
If the garbage of your past
Piles up high, high, high
To the ceiling
Trash pouring out the doors
Into the great outdoors
It isn't my fault
Your legacy
It's none of my doing
But I'll tell you this...
I get a real kick out of
Watching you clutter it up
I don't fault you, I mean
After all
You do hate this house
You hate all that's in it
You even hate me
Though you appreciated the gesture
When it was made long ago
I suppose you just got old
You've become jaded, bored, used to
All the things that once fascinated
Now taken for granted
Oh, well
I still like it
We can always get another one
When the right time comes
But what's the hurry?
This one's paid for...

No comments:

Post a Comment