Wednesday, March 3, 2010

"Gargoyle"

I don't feel anything
Where I know
I'm supposed to feel
For you
You've become a stone statue
Almost as hard to me
As I am to you
I don't recognize myself
In the cracked and wrinkled
Skin
Or the recoiling
Barely perceptible
I wouldn't notice myself
If I didn't know your reasons
For drawing back
Good reasons, I guess
I search my heart
But I've come to believe
That there may have never been
Anything of you
There to find
You stole it so easily
All you ever gave
You made it look easy
How you took it all away
I try to pretend I don't miss it
It doesn't hurt
It doesn't
I don't want it back
That would break me down
Not being used to something
Gone so long ago
My whole being would shatter
A mirror
So just stand there
Please
Don't reach out for me
Don't react, as if you actually know me
As if you want to know me
As if you knew me
Don't make me feel a fool
For not caring about you
Don't make me feel guilty
For not wanting to love you
This huge empty space
Is where it once lived
There's nothing you could fill it with
Anymore
I would spew it out, lukewarm

No comments:

Post a Comment