Sunday, January 17, 2010

I perceive a point...

I perceive the point of nothing
That sucks and squeezes reality into it's vacuum
Always consuming, offering nothing
It is mine, I own it
I who have nothing

He seems to know this
To understand it completely
He takes it into account
As he judges me
Not entirely satisfied

He has the appearance of a man
Who has a handle on the situation
A man who knows more than he lets on
Who knew what his choices were long before he chose them
Silently observing his handiwork
Through some kind of dirty Coke bottle lens
(Maybe he lies
Perhaps I have no head)
Filing imperfections, cataloging them all
For use the next time around

Still, when he catches my eye
When our gazes lock
He knows the game is up
He can tell I have him all figured out
Frightens him
Frightens me even more
Because I have learned his lesson
I may feel, I may think, I may know
But in his flat land
I am nothing but a hand puppet
He talks to
When his empty room bores
And he gets lonely

No comments:

Post a Comment