Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"Snow White 8 Ball" review

The "Snow White 8 Ball" reviews are still coming in at a steady pace, which is good. Unfortunately none of them has offered up much detailed criticism. I should be happy that the majority have been fairly positive. I like the new one:

strange soundscape, but good!
i like it, its weeeeeiiird but in a very good way. certainly doesnt sound like all the other regurgitated crap on here!

On a related note, I have another song entered in my own name. It's something I wrote about 20 years ago and recorded around the same time. "Isolated" has always been a favorite of my friends. I hope it does well at garageband, too, but I'm afraid the "acoustic" category has such a huge number of entries that it may well be a long time before the reviews begin to roll in. Without looking I think I only have two so far. One of the critics thought it had some very good lyrics but was annoyed by the "crackling" in the recording (which couldn't be helped as the file was dubbed from an old cassette tape). The other reviewer was not so impressed. He thought the song was depressing. Sure it is. Is there a law against that?

***note: I just looked at the song profile for "Isolated" and there are actually 4 reviews. 3 are favorable and then there's the one that gets points docked for being depressing (the guy says "I want to rip my ears off now and look at pictures of happy bunnies."...okay...)



No comments:

Post a Comment