Monday, March 19, 2007

Jubal Blog: 5th Tri-City Jam Session

Well, folks, the 5th weekly Tri-City jam session went off without a hitch Sunday evening. Once again the band was in fine form. Everyone seems to agree that they have hit their stride in the last few performances and all are pleased with how things are going.

Not a lot of "jammers" came out...a friend of Roger's named Isaac brought his keyboard and sat in on several songs. His contribution really lended a fullness to the sound. He's quite a talented player.

Later on in the evening one of Roger & LaHonda's mutual friends, Deborah, got up on stage and sang a couple ("Unchained Melody" was a highlight).

We didn't do the acoustic solo thing this week...James, for one, was uninspired and couldn't think of a song he wanted to do. Jeff, however, did perform a couple of songs just him and the acoustic guitar.

Otherwise we mainly did songs from our regular setlist, and we worked up a couple more to add to it ("Werewolves of London" and a couple of blues songs that Roger is going to sing).

Don't forget, we'll be playing at Dietrich's this Wednesday and Thursday night from 9:00 PM to 1:00-1:30 AM. Looking for a nice-sized crowd who are in the mood to dance and party. Dietrich's is located at 623 Kickapoo Spur in Shawnee, Oklahoma. There is NO cover charge, so don't worry if you're busted. Just come out and support live music by supporting Jubal Modine and the Love Handles.

As for Jubal, he released this statement to the press late last night and he hopes you'll all take it into consideration:


"Yo...Jubal here. It has come to my attention that many people are dissappointed in me after my run-in with the Tulsa Johnny Laws last week. What can I say? I'm only human. However, perhaps this fact may exonerate me in the eyes of a few: there was NO MARIJUANA in the car I was driving. Repeat, there was NO MARIJUANA there. Everyone knows I'm a drug-free ass-kicker (at least I have been for several years). As it turns out, those were bricks of alfalfa hay hidden in every nook and cranny of that car. Don't rightly know WHY those coppers mistook it for loco weed. Unless, of course, THEY WANTED TO, and I wouldn't put that past 'em. They never have liked ole Jubal Modine up that way, and when the day comes that my band winds up playing there I'll have to do something I hate to do: Miss the shows. I'll HAVE to, else those Laws will trump up more charges against me and I'll wind up in the pokey for a few MORE days (and I gotta tell ya, I'd rather spend the night in a cheap, fleabag hotel with a bottle of Mad Dog 20/20 for company than go through that again). Anyways, I'm sorry I missed the 5th Tri-City jam session. I hope you all will understand when I say I needed some time with my family...basically I spent the night watching television with my cousins instead of coming out to the show. I'm sure the guys will forgive me. If they don't I'll quit the band, and how will they go on without me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment