Saturday, April 15, 2006

Pages

Empty pages of a book
That you gave me
I have yet to write one line
Stored in corners of
Dark and dusty rooms
In libraries of my mind
Thinkin' someday
I'll get my pen and sit down
Write something
On the back burner, it seems
Like all those other unrealized dreams
Empty pages
So blank
So white
Dark as night
They could not represent a life
No good or bad
No happy or sad
Nothing at all
Would be better than that life
Oh, a million things
Pass through my mind each moment
I can't let them all out
So tired of second guessing
Everything that I doubt

But it's alright, mom
I'm only crying
It's alright
Turn away, don't look at me
It's alright
It's alright
It didn't bother you yesterday

I had convinced myself
That nothing I had ever done
Was worth the time
Time wasted, I considered it all
And who knows,
I may have been right
I may have been right, but don't you know
It was my time
I may have been right all along
But don't you know it was
My time
I may have been wasting precious time
Time I could never get back
But don't you know?
It was my time.
My time.
Don't you know?
This is my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment