Monday, January 2, 2006

"Offering"

Open my mind, let the thoughts pour out
Too far gone to feel ashamed
Open my mouth, loosen my tongue right now
It doesn't matter who is to blame
I have been locked up in my own life for too long
My greedy heart is broken
All I ever had to offer was a song
And these words I've never spoken

Could you help me out? Could you lift me up?
Could you help me find the things I've lost?
Help me pick them up...help me sort them out
Put them back where they belong
I have been running on empty for so long
I could use some company
Someone just like you to come along
To help me find the way back to me

So take my heart...Take my mind, my strength
Take anything you need
Take my crown...take everything
But don't leave me
I have been frozen in my own world for so long
I can't hear what you are saying
All I ever had to offer was a song
But it's a song I'm never playing

No comments:

Post a Comment