Monday, December 8, 2014

Compilation Playlist - Garage A-Go-Go Redux



I lost the original Garage A-Go-Go playlist in which I basically compiled every 60s garage rock and psychedelic band I could find on Spotify. It was a massive undertaking but fun. The results were gratifying too and it wasn't too hard to decide whether or not I should go through the toil and trouble of trying to replicate it, knowing that I probably would miss a few things. What I came up with may well be missing but I think I got the best stuff and may have even come upon some gems I missed the first time around. There is the notable edition of British "Mod" music that I decided to include with the rest because it has a similar enthusiastic amateurish quality to it that I find endearing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment