Tuesday, March 4, 2014

SUGAR RAT - Rats Have Rights

I've scoured the engines of the Internet looking for something about Sugar Rat but all I can find are links to download services where their album can be bought. There is, however, a pretty cool site for another entity also bearing the same moniker. This would be for "the number one lesbbian-singer/songwriter-britpop-punk-bhangra band of the year". "Lesbian rock that pops. Lesbian pop that rocks". Tall order, there. I don't know, they could be one and the same. Listening to the sample of the most recent "website" Sugar Rat song, "It's a Heteronormative World, No!" I'm just not sure. All I know for sure is that this person/band are hardcore early R.E.M. fans. Listen to the vocal mannerisms on "Thanksgiving Day" or the introductory section of "Working for the Jihad", which bears more than a passing resemblance to "Pretty Persuasion". So I don't know, maybe the lesbian pop rock bhangra band is the same as the Sigur Rat I've come to know and love from their single on Spotify.

File under: Sugar Rat

No comments:

Post a Comment