Monday, October 17, 2011

I believe her when she tells me...

I believe her when she tells me
How you've become a monster
She has no reason to lie...

She says you are filled with hate
But I know the truth is more complicated
You just bounced from one wall to another
We both drank from the same fountain

She says I wouldn't recognize you
I'm sure she's right
Even more sure
She wouldn't recognize me
We are both paying

She says she doesn't really get along with you
What could you have done, I wonder
To push her away, it's sad, because I know
In pushing her you exacted revenge against me

She tells me a lot of things
They hurt, they anger, they pour salt in the wound
And I would listen to her all day long

Because I long to fill in the gaps
The years absent of you

I want to know that I hurt you almost as much as you hurt me

No comments:

Post a Comment