Tuesday, December 8, 2009

From the Other Side, Disbelieving

You should know
I want you to know that
I don't fear you
Your wizard's tongue
At the service of your whim
Sculpts pointed gibberish to
Hurl in my direction

It's not that I don't believe
Who can tell?
It's your universe anyway
After all
But while I am stuck in it
You should know
I am not afraid

You would stretch and fold
Circumstances
Manipulate and tie
The strings of time
You would gather unto yourself
Places, shapes, things, the weak ones
You would smash them, meld them together
Mix them with spirit
To make clay
Even now you shiver with bliss
At the thought
Of molding it
With your charmed hands
Into your own image

Because you are in love
With the idea, the possibility
Power for you, the true weakling
To hold you up, for a crutch
In the slitting light of truth
And give some kind of meaning
To your reason, your witch's spell reality

No, I do not fear you
I only wanted you to know
That
When you judge
The distance
and
The time
I will place between us

No comments:

Post a Comment