Monday, November 10, 2008

2nd EXLCUSIVE Interview with Mick Jagger

Hard on the heels of my lost review of Martin Scorses's Rolling Stones concert film "Shine a Light", I was granted yet another interview with Mick Jagger (long time readers will well remember the first interview I conducted, which was published exclusively on this blog). Unfortunately I wasn't able to probe too deeply into the twists and turns of his brilliant mind because of the tight schedule he was on at the time. Nevertheless, I did get a few questions in and he seemed more than happy to answer most of them. Not all of them, mind you. But most. It's just that "most" is a relative term, and when only 3 questions are allowed to be asked, "most" can only be TWO. Still, I'll take what I can get, and hope my devoted readers will appreciate it.


ME: Mick, this photo says a lot, doesn't it?

MICK: Oh, yeah, mate. It says a mouthful.

ME: So, tell me. What was going on when it was taken?

MICK: What, are you daft, man? I think it should be fairly obvious. I was a younger man and I got busted one night for stealing hubcaps from a couple of cars. It seemed like fun at the time. I don't know that I'd do it again, mind you. 'Right now...gotta go.

ME: Thanks, Mick. It's been enlightening.

MICK: Sure has, hadn't it? (walks out the door)

ME: Wonder why he didn't answer that first question?

No comments:

Post a Comment