Monday, October 27, 2008

I am ECSTATIC!!! I just upgraded my broadband from 3 mbps to 6 and the difference is amazing. I actually wanted to go up to 12 mbps but Windstream doesn't offer that in the area in which I live. I don't know why not. Hopefully that will change in the not-too-distant future.

The thing that irks me, though, and it's my own fault for not checking, is that it only costs $5 dollars per month more than the 3 mbs we've been working with. Hell, I might as well be honest though it makes me look like a fool: I didn't even know there were "tiers" of broadband service available, through Windstream or anywhere. I just figured a cable connection would be the next step up.

I'm glad I was wrong, though. I'm not sure if the upgrade is going to be as "life-changing" as when we made the leap from 56K to DSL, but I suspect it will drastically improve my web surfing experience.

(For the literal minded who may actually have taken me at my word about the 56K-DSL switch being "life-changing"...I was exagerrating. )

No comments:

Post a Comment