Monday, June 2, 2008

Okay, I guess it was a pretty good day.

We went shopping and got a lot of stuff we’ve needed for a long time. Clothes, mainly. But I’m most excited about the new computer keyboard we bought at Staples. It’s a Logitech Wave Wireless w/wireless mouse. The layout and the border make’s it easier on the wrists. I’ve really needed something like it for a long time.

The wireless mouse will, I hope, also make things easier on my right wrist. It may be the crappy desk we’re using, but there is a huge bruise on the underside of the wrist. I’ve been wearing a wrist support, but I think it may be the culprit. Whatever it is, I’ve got to do something about it soon. Between it and the eye strain I’m experiencing my computing experience is suffering. We’re planning on purchasing a “vertical mouse” (I don’t know if that’s what they’re called, but it’s an apt description). That will surely do the trick.

As for the eye problem…I think the problem is the crappy glasses that I got last September. I’ve had nothing but grief ever since I started wearing them. I’m convinced that the doctor got the prescription wrong, or maybe the manufacturer screwed up. Either way, I’m not going back to his office. I’ll drive the 50 miles out of the way to see the optometrist who did my last pair.

I also bought a really cool book about Bruce Springsteen. It’s called “Postcards From E Street”, and in addition to the text there are a lot of nice facsimiles of various Boss-related ephemera. Reproductions of set lists, backstage passes, concert tickets, posters…just a lot of neat stuff.

I bought my son his first issue of Mad magazine. I felt like I was passing on a legacy. I still remember the first time I ever read Mad. Fond memory, that one. A lot has changed over the years…the drawing is in color now. Then there is that crappy television version that you have to forget about in order to fully appreciate the magazine. It’s a bit raunchier than I remember it being. But it seems to have the same effect on my boy as it did on me. He read the entire thing from cover to cover when we got home, and I heard much laughter from the other room.

TEN DAYS UNTIL THE SIGUR ROS SHOW!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment