Monday, May 28, 2007

In which 2 new beverages are tested.

We picked up something at Wal-Mart that we'd never tried before. It was a 9-pack of Jones Pure Cane Sugar Green Apple soda. I drank one this morning and, boy oh boy was it GOOD! Tasted exactly like a green apple (which, I guess, is what it's supposed to do, but sometimes that's not the case, for instance, grapefruit soda tastes nothing like grapefruit). I reccomend it very highly and look forward to trying thei other pure cane sugar flavours.
Last time we were at Wally-World we bought something else we hadn't tried (actually it was just me who wanted it...my wife insisted it wasn't worth the money and that I wouldn't like it). It was a Mexican chocolate drink called Abuelita. When I got it opened up I was appalled by the nasty smell of the stuff. I tried to make up a batch, but dumb me, I didn't have the part of the blender that screws on (with the blades on one side) affixed properly and when I turned it on the whole thing sprayed Abuelita all over the place. It REEKED. I never tried to fix another batch, repelled by the stench, and threw away the rest of the package (proving, once again, that my wife knows best. I DIDN'T like it and it WAS a waste of money).

No comments:

Post a Comment