Thursday, August 19, 2004

I was just checking out how many other bloggers are into my favourite musical artist, Mark Kozelek (Red House Painters, Sun Kil Moon), and was quite pleasantly surprised that there were so many (relative to the overall popularity of the artist/bands, that is).

That's cool!

I have been deep into Kozelek's music for the past 5 years, and I think his latest project, Sun Kil Moon, is very possibly the best he's ever put out (though my guess is that most RHP diehards would disagree). I wrote a rather lengthy (and decent, IMO) review of their album Ghosts of the Great Highway in a message board I sometimes frequent, and anyone interested is cordially invited to check it out at

http://rsjunior.proboards18.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=jac&num=1084852127&start=0

...just cut and paste into your browser, removing any spaces, as I don't yet know how to add a hyperlink in this particular format...



Today I have been in the mood for praise and worship music, and have been listening to Shout To The Lord: The Platinum Collection, which is one of those Hillsongs-type things with a lot of Darlene Zschech stuff on it. Actually it's a very good collection, without much repetition of the P&W songs I already have in my collection. Even the ones I do have are different arrangements, so it's been enjoyable and uplifting.

Someday I'll have to write a treatise on the subject of Praise and Worship music, but that day is not today...

No comments:

Post a Comment